Sunday, March 2, 2014

Practiciing What We Preach...





Over my last blogs I have talked about positive aspects especially in negative situations, and doing the right thing in wrong situations. That is why I chose this picture today. While it is not right for me to let my little dog hang his head out the window while I drive...it's freeing to him. It is one of the little things in life that make his day. Give him this moment for 20 minutes a day and he is CONTENT.

I started thinking about my last blog JUST BE. I had not taken any time to experience that for myself. That was my day yesterday. Nothing forced and nothing planned. I just let things unfold and relaxed. It was as good for my insides as this ride is for Cosmo. After a well deserved rain storm here in the valley and sleeping past 8a.m. I woke up with a good feeling and a positive perspective.

Taking this little guy out for walks first thing in the morning is an excellent way for me to start my day. I get up, get moving, and get a chance to see things before the hustle and bustle of the day begins in the world. We have some routine to our mornings which I believe to be the TONE SETTER of the day. When I start the day off doing something positive for me, the rest just seems to be easier to deal with. That natural smile just appears and I feel it clear down to my toes.

Doing things that make me feel happy on a daily basis is what keeps my attitude in check. It keeps me going in the right direction for my health. Writing this blog on a consistent basis is a big joy right now. I love the way I get to connect with others. Getting out every morning with the dog and at the end of each day for our walks, contributes to my daily happiness. Little accomplishments that I can see and feel the results from are a big part of why I continue each day. I am responsible for MY HAPPINESS each day!  When I take time and focus on me, I am able to help others that compliment my life. It is then that I can contribute MY PART to each day. Even if MY PART is just to smile at the cashier at the checkout who was having a bad day, or let the person into a long line of traffic ahead of me that I myself had been sitting in for 10 minutes. It is MY PART, my contribution. My point is, if I don't feel right inside myself, I can't be that for anyone else.

What is YOUR part today? What do you like to do for YOURSELF? What makes YOU feel good? I wish everyone an AMAZING day and would love to have feedback about what you do to make YOURSELF HAPPY.


1 comment:

  1. Hot showers make me feel good on my chronically sore body! Random acts of kindness....something as small as letting someone pull out of a parking lot in front of me into a long line of traffic... feels good to my chronically sore soul.

    ReplyDelete