Monday, March 10, 2014

Stay In The Moment...






While I was out running errands today, I heard someone say..."Ugh, I can't wait until Friday", and I stopped and thought to myself, "man, it's only Monday". I know I used to say that a lot. At one point in my life I used to begin the dread on Sunday, counting down the hours until I had to get up and go to work Monday morning. We've all done this for one reason or another. It seems we are always waiting on something, someone, some event, or some special day to come. We can wish our entire lives away and completely miss our HAPPY MOMENT.

One of my biggest challenges at times is staying in the NOW. I get excited about something and it seems I start to plan and focus so far ahead of myself that I can miss about anything. Staying in the NOW allows me to enjoy each moment as it comes. 

When I notice myself getting off the radar, I stop and focus on one thing in my immediate vicinity. It can be the sound of wobbly ceiling fan chain clanking on the cover, or the whirring sound of the fan. I just give myself a minute to reel myself in and then I can move forward. It works for me, it brings me back to center. Truth be told, it's another little thing I do to remain content and happy. If I worry about tomorrow; dwell on the past; or concern myself with something that is beyond my control, it becomes easy to be upset and no longer content.  

Today I was reminded to focus on the things in front of me and make the most of each moment I am given. You never know what surprises are hidden in each one. 

2 comments:

  1. Very good. Now if I can only get the hang of this

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too need to focus on each day! I worry too much about my future turning into my past instead of enjoying my present! It's called that for a reason! :-)

    ReplyDelete