Saturday, March 15, 2014

The Impact of a Picture...


I saw this picture today while surfing through PINTEREST photos. It brought tears to my eyes of JOY and feelings of Happiness to me. The roles are reversed for me as my daughter is currently serving in the U.S. ARMY in Korea. I miss her more than you could imagine some days but I'm PROUD. I wouldn't change of of this for the world. I have really been looking at pictures since I finished my art class. It has so much impact and in different ways to different people.

This picture represents how I feel each time I get to see my baby girl after she is gone for stints of time. To some, it could represent the sacrifice these soldiers make to keep us safe. It gives me goose bumps and I get a little choked up just writing this. There are times when I look at what I don't have or what I want but may never have.  Then I see pictures like this. Not only can I relate to the possible story behind it, but it helps me to realize how small my problems really are. It gives me HOPE and STRENGTH to keep going another day. 


While it is sad sometimes that I miss her, and it hurts when I have to let her go I remember that this moment comes again. The moment of HAPPINESS when we reunite.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment