Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Restrictions Can Be Blessings...

Some days bring restrictions. It may be my body telling me " no, not today", it may be the poor air quality outside, it could be no gas in the car, or simply not knowing where to go. I am pretty lucky to be here in Phoenix where the weather is amazing most of the time and there is a ton of stuff to do. I am learning to live within my means and use my creativity in new directions.

Today's weather report brought up the "Poor Air Quality" report which means that people in my situation should not be outside. It happens, no big deal...but for some reason I felt bummed. Doesn't Mother Nature know I had PLANS?!?!?!  With a few necessary tasks to complete I tackled them and got back home where I am sentenced for the day. Time to turn this around! It took a few minutes but lets face it...I'M GETTING GOOD! I dug out some of my favorite comfort clothes, planned a healthy lunch, got out the lazy blanket and decided to have a Glee marathon day! YEP! I said GLEE! It's perky and captures my interest which are good things to keep my spirits up. I GET to relax today, I GET to burn scents in my Scentsy to make my home smell nice, I GET to lay around in comfy clothes, and I GET to take care of myself with a healthy lunch.

Instead of being upset that the weather ruined what I PLANNED to do today and wonder why this happens TO me, I turned it around to see how it happened FOR me. I forget to slow down sometimes and it's necessary so this weather was a blessing. We never know when something that ruins our plans shows up to create better ones.

2 comments: