Saturday, March 8, 2014

Each Day Is What You Make It...

 Phoenix is a big area with many options for things to do. Everything from free to cheap is there to be had if you look for it. Sure, there are plenty of things to do like Spring Training Baseball games, NFL football games, concerts, weekend events, floating the Salt River, and a ton of nice places to eat. So, what do you do when you are on a budget, or you want to do a lot of things without taking a second mortgage out on your house? I have a friend who speaks fluent Groupon! She is a master!! This made made our outing affordable. She is willing to escape the normal routines of life and take an adventure. It is refreshing to have a friend like that who lives close.

I love baseball and always have since I played in grade school, my favorite position was center field and man....I had an ARM!! Today I was invited to take in a little league game. Here, it is the perfect time of year to venture out, support some of the teams in your local community, get some sunshine and fresh air and try something different!  These games are free...you may observe something as EXCITING as a GRAND SLAM home run accomplished by a 12 yr old. That beaming smile you see as it comes across their face, watching their posture change, PRICELESS. You see moments that will be memories for that ball player and his/her family for many years to come. It took me back thru some of my proud moments and my accomplishments and I knew what that kid felt. I was happy for him and his team mates.

 It's the things we have already experienced and the things we experience on a daily basis that create that. Think about it, two people out of an entire crowd and one moment has an impact on different levels for both. Pretty AMAZING! We just need to take the time to break out of our routines, try new places, put yourself in the moment everywhere you go. You never know what you will take from that experience.


Stepping out of the normal routine allowed me to witness a kids big accomplishment, hang out on a patio with some cool iced tea and great company. I took in an early dinner that was possible because of available resources and a good heart. It's out there to be had, just watch for it. LOVE YOUR LIFE and YOURSELF TODAY!!!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds great just having fun. Anything beats sitting home. Makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete