Sunday, March 30, 2014

Overcome the Frustration...

Every day is not a day where your able to kick your feet up and not have a care in the world. We encounter daily frustrations. It's just a fact of life. It can last a second or an hour...it can last all day! I analyze my frustrations on a daily basis. I realize that under current life changes that are beyond my control, I have to pick my battles. I can't be upset that some jerk parked in my favorite parking space or that the lady at the restaurant got my order wrong. I get to feel the frustration of my illness. I get to push past little things that happen on a daily basis and deal with what is most important. As big of a challenge it is...I'm grateful. I say "GET" to because it shows me how small some things I have always gotten upset over in life are just that...small.  

Today the real challenge for me is staying ahead of my immune disease. If the weather changes I don't just get the sniffles...I get sick! There is not one ounce of control I have over the weather, I just deal with it.  I don't get to be upset over the fact that I have to go to work on Monday. I GET to be upset that my medicine makes the inside of my mouth sensitive to many foods and makes me not want to eat. That isn't the part that's terrible...it's the fact that the same medications make me gain weight for no reason apparent to ME!  My body seems to fight against itself and that my friends...is SHEER FRUSTRATION! Not being able to control elements that frustrate us is a big deal. I personally don't like it!  Alas, I deal with it and you know what? It teaches me.

I wish there were things in life that didn't make us suffer before we are able to see what really matters, what is really important. I could have saved myself a lifetime of needless worry and anxiety if I could have seen this for myself instead of having to get sick to be able to see. The magnitude of someone walking away from you because they didn't fall in love with you is not tragic, it hurts but we live. The fact that I didn't get that dream job I wanted sucks, but again there is no tragedy. Perspective changes when we are faced with problems beyond your control. We have to find it within ourselves to believe that the right job, the right love, or the right weather will come. Even under current circumstances I am able to see that the weather will not be like this everyday and I will get through this today. I have to believe that just because the "formula" they try on me isn't right today, that there is a chance to adjust it tomorrow. There is always hope.

Stay positive, never give up, and believe...it will come.

No comments:

Post a Comment