Thursday, March 6, 2014

Shari's Thursday Adventure...


I love being out and about. You never know what you will see or who you will meet. While fear exists inside me, I am determined not to let it hold me prisoner. Being on a budget has taught me to be resourceful. If I look for it, it's usually there to be had. I don't believe in abusing things that are offered to us, but I do believe in using them for the purpose they are intended. I discovered that I get free transportation to and from my doctor's appointments, let's face it folks, gas is not cheap. I also believe that using public transportation contributes to our environment in a positive way, needless to say, I scheduled myself a cab which is provided to me by my insurance for no extra cost.
 I had finished with my appointment and instead of sitting inside the lobby to wait for my cab, I decided to sit outside.
I love to people watch. I'm not a stalker (unless you are Russell Wilson), but I enjoy watching how others interact. At first I saw a lady who would not smile at anyone and sat away from a little area by these beautiful cacti. I wondered what her story was or why she was so isolated.
Then I started my own study to pass the time. I decided to smile at each person that walked by me and see how many responses I could get. It was great, almost everyone smiled back! I make up my own scenarios in my head about each one and made myself giggle a couple times. It was entertaining. Then out of the doors comes a woman who is as friendly as I am, she talked pretty loud as she is hard of hearing but once we said hello, we had a great conversation about my portable oxygen and had just gotten the news from her doctor that she needed to think about having access to oxygen for times she struggles. I then found out she was the head of an immune deficiency organization. WOW! Talk about being at the right place at the right time. I won't bore you with the conversation, but let's just say, Ellen was put out there today for me to meet and take the next steps with my health issues. We exchanged information and she went about her way.

My cab driver was an interesting fellow, his message to me was repeated twice. "You know what to do, so just do it"! It was mentioned in our conversation at the beginning of our trip and after some good stories, he mentioned it again. It was like one of those movies from the 80's where the spiritual guide looks at the person and makes sure the message is planted, and then they disappear. Cy the cab driver originally out of New York, was that messenger for me today. It gives me goose bumps to think about it.

I know today that it pays to do something new and different, don't let fear stand in your way. You never know what you will encounter, or who you will see. Sometimes it's a big moment and sometimes they are just little things that can easily be missed, so WATCH for them. They are there and can contribute to your positive daily outlook.

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely love this blog. All are very good and today was wonderful. You are doing great. love you

    ReplyDelete