Thursday, February 20, 2014

Sunshine and Happy Days...Everyday!




You know as well as I do that we cannot change what happened yesterday or predict what happens tomorrow. Today is the only day we have control over and that is moment by moment. Life happens and we may all find ourselves in a funk concerning something of our past, or our future. Bottom line is kids, if its not happening today, it's just a memory or a prediction. I get stuck in these. I tend to make the negative past better than it was, or predict the future into some sort of fairy tale like I was a kid. The fact remains, you are WHERE you are, you are WHO you are, and we ARE where we are meant to be at this moment. I can take an entire column and tell you about the negative side of things, that's a no brainer! It is a challenge to look for the bright side.


Regrets, I turn into lessons. I don't know about you but I cannot go through life with regrets. Sure I have made some mistakes, some real doosies!!! I have to stop and ask myself what good it will do to dwell on that?!?! Not a darn thing! So, I look for the good in it. The one that is most predominant in my mind today is about relationships, obviously "failed" ones as I have been single since I was 21! I can look at these as mistakes, or wasted time. I choose not to. Every one I experienced was a lesson. I have said it before, and I will say it again. People are either in your life for a reason, a season, or a lifetime. I feel these so called "failed" relationships are merely lessons that occur through the seasons in the growth spurts of my life. It was a lesson I was ready to learn at that point. I don't hate because of it, I don't sit in regret that I ever met these men, I just look. I look into the process of what has evolved and pick out what the good was in it. What did I learn? What did I find out about myself because of this experience? I learn from it. I was always taught that if you learned something from an experience, it was never a waste and it makes it a positive experience. I believe that today! 

Every mistake I've made, every man I dated, every job I left behind, was never any of my time that would be considered wasted. It has brought me to here, blogging to all of you, sharing with you the woman I am today. For that I am grateful! For that, I can say "Thank You", to all the people who have touched my life and helped me experience everything I need to. I look forward to all that is yet to come and am determined to look at each day and see the bright side. No matter how big and significant, or how menial, no matter what seems to be negative...I will see the positive. Think positive my friends! The rewards are endless!!! 

2 comments: