Sunday, February 16, 2014

Jump Into the Morning!



So, after a long hiatus from not doing my blogging, I decided to get back to it. Today I woke up and jump right and then with the ambition taking my little dog for a walk. The sun was shining. The weather was nice and I felt good. Cosmo is my little dog. He is the one reason why I get up when I do sometimes in the morning. Not to say that it's necessarily the time I would choose, but it's his time.You can't help it when you wake up and you look at that furry little face in the morning. It makes you want to get up and start your day. His favorite phrase to hear in the morning is "ready to go bye-bye walk"? He waits for it. I'm certain it is no easy task for him either.

 See, I was diagnosed back in July of 2013 with a lung disease, Non-Specific Interstitial Lung Pneumonia or NSILP. I am a dependent of oxygen 24/7 now and while it has been an adjustment, it is do-able. Back to my story, Cosmo has to patiently wait for me to get dressed, get hooked up to my travel pack of oxygen and put the leash on. He knows the steps and waiting patiently following my every move.

At this point we head out the door this morning and take in the crispness of the 56 degree temperature and the feel of warmth from the sun. Today was a trip down the Arizona Canal. It is right out our front door. It was nice to be able to appreciate the flowers and plants along the way this morning. I watched people as they passed us and let the thoughts just run through my head. I remember when I was able to walk fast and ride my bike. Instead of letting it get me down today, I remember it like an old friend and look for things like those plants and flowers that are now at my attention since I have had to slow down. I appreciate the beauty today and I feel blessed to have such a loving and faithful companion like Cosmo.

1 comment:

  1. You're back! I am SO EXCITED to read your blogs. Hurry up and write some more! And take lots of pics too! Luv ya!

    ReplyDelete