Monday, February 17, 2014

President's Day Big Adventures!!!





Lake Pleasant!

 It is about 45 minutes just outside of where I live in Phoenix. It reminds me of home. After being here awhile, I find one of the things I miss the most is being around the mighty Columbia River. I spent more of my lifetime looking at it from the time I was 8 and could ride my bike to the viewpoint and never stopped when I left at the age of 42. I sat beside that water and thought about everything from the t-ball games we won and lost on up through my days of dating, marriage, divorce, and general growing pains. She knows more about me than any human being alive. Good thing she can't talk! 

I Got to share the day with my friend Peg, Cosmo, and her two puppies; Nina, and Tres. It was a wonderful experience. Neither one of us had ever been there so, after we finally found the main part of the lake where you can get out and recreate, it brought back those comforts of home that I HADN’T FELT since my last trip back. I noticed things that I normally would not have thought twice about. I loved looking at the shimmering reflection of the sun on the water, the feel of the warm breeze, watching other people juggle their kids and the divying up of the lunches. I have noticed those things before but today I saw the fool’s gold shimmer in the rocks, the different textures of the stone from the top to the shoreline. I really looked at it today, and I felt content and like I was really there instead of a million miles away in my mind thinking about things that do no good to think about. We’ve all done it. I know you know what I'm talking about. 

Peg and I joke about living a risky life like Thelma and Louise, and older movie from the 80's, and today I took her on one. I wasn't sure if she was going to pass out or jump. Let me just say in my own defense, the roads are not marked real well and when you see a trail/dirt road and it goes where you want to be...you take it! It was a little narrower and steeper than it looked from afar but once your on it all you can do is keep it going!!! Of course this is what I did. I'm not sure if she is going to let me drive anymore but, my point is, we are still alive and no damage was done. :) We made it safely to our admired location from across the lake and the funny part is, once we reached the pier, we drove right up on a nice paved road that came from one of the main roads we came in. *SIGH*, all I could do was laugh. I say, take the risk and look at the bright side, you never know unless you try!

1 comment:

  1. Fly by the seat of your pants, that's what I say! WOO HOO! Hey, we just watched Thelma and Louise a couple of weeks ago. I forgot what a great movie it was.

    Keep blogging, my friend!

    ReplyDelete