Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Some days it shines, some days it doesn't...




So far today has been one of THOSE days! I had this amazing rant about how some days are crappy and how we can still find a bright side. BLAH! BLAH! BLAH!!!  It was a little "feeling sorry for my circumstances" post so apparently none of you were supposed to read it! HA!!!

Needless to say my day has started off less than I would like it to be. 
1. The sun wasn't shining through the clouds enough.
2. I wish my health was back to normal.
3. I found out I won't be getting any back pay from being off work due to my diseases.
4. I'm single,almost 45, and on oxygen. I'm a HOT ATTRACTIVE MESS!!

Then, I had to compose myself. After acting like a two year old banging on her high chair with a spoon because her bowl was empty,I picked myself up, brushed myself off, and started this day AGAIN! It's our choice...did you know we could do that? Well, it's true. The days we fall short on how we feel or how we act, or what we see is all a matter of perspective. I am the one responsible for my happiness today...I am the one who can sit in the shit or grow in the sunlight. The REALITY is, sometimes to grow, we need some damn good fertilizer!  Today is my day for fertilizing. I come up against trails and disappointments and that is just life. I can look at what I don't have...or I can look at what I do have. 
1. The sun ALWAYS shines again!
2. I may not be curable, but my condition is maintainable. Not everyone has that luxury.
3. I may not be rich, but I have "just enough" today. 
4. I get the chance to find real love, if anyone can fall in love with this, it will have to be REAL.

So, what do I do? I live! I make my life happen. I put on my big girl panties and make it my own! Then, a smile comes back, I extend a hand out to someone new, I do what is in front of me and do the right thing. That is when  I find relief. That is when I feel the warmth and comfort you can't get from the sun, your health, money, or a significant other.  It's the small fire that comes from within. Find yours today.

1 comment: