Wednesday, April 23, 2014

It Takes Action...

Just as the old Rankin and Bass shows that come out at Christmas time say, "put one foot in front of the other, and soon you'll be walking across the floor". Life REQUIRES action. When I was growing up there were all kinds of "life" messages in movies and  cheesy kid shows. The truest thing I know is that...Everything I Need To Know I Learned In Kindergarten.

Think about it. Be nice, don't hit, always say "please" and "thank you". Those were the simple ones to follow. It was the lessons like this one that I forget. You will get nothing if you don't take the necessary actions to get there. I could stand all day in the garage and it will never make me a car!  I can hope to someday be a great writer but if I don't start the first chapter I will only be a writer in my own mind. We want others in life to treat us with respect and love. The question is...do we give it? I want to get to a point in my health that is acceptable for me and I will never get there if I don't do my part. Sometimes it's the lack of motivation that needs to be sparked but honestly, sometimes it's the simple fact I need to get off the PITY train and do it! It's always easier to play the victim than than conqueror. It just doesn't work that way! 

SO.....this is what I do. I take it slow at first. I stay focused on what I want to accomplish and I keep going. If it's one thing I have learned about myself is that I'm a "fighter". I don't know what "giving up" means. Although there have been times I wanted to....I can't. That is a GREAT GIFT! I'm lucky because not everyone thinks that way and it's sad. In moments of weakness (let's face it...we all have them) I feel it, sometimes cry about it, and then shift into a plan of action. It is what works for me and what I know is that all the faith in the world is not going to change a thing if I don't do my part and Take Action!

 It's in all of us....we just need to find it and USE IT!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment