Thursday, April 10, 2014

For One Day...

     King For A Day by the Thompson Twins was a fairly overplayed song when I was growing up. It was the first thing that hit my mind when I saw this poster by Gayle Forman. Think about one moment from several months ago. What emotion do you feel? HAPPINESS...frustration...EXCITEMENT...sadness?  Now, what happens when you think about that same moment??? Time has passed, things change, feelings change. Does it create the same feeling?

A 24 hour period can change so much. It can change our mood, our direction in life, and our patterns. It only takes an occurrence to spark a memory of those moments. I find myself looking back on some things in life and seeing that what seemed like a travesty could now sprout a SUCCESS. I see where a certain circumstance shifted me in the direction it was time to go. Sometimes it can be sad. If there is someone you miss, maybe a loved one has passed, or a friend has left, you feel it right in your heart. I am pretty certain there is a string from my heart to my eyeball too because it yanks on the valve that creates a tear. I think about that tear and it's identical followers.  I find that for me, those tears do not always have pain behind them. When I open my eyes a different perspective forms. Where I could only see the pain or down side of this event then, I am able to see it clearly now. This is when I know I have let go of the sadness and negativity. It is freeing when you think about it.

When life feels stagnant and it seems things will never change, stop and think back on where you were 6 months ago, or even a year ago. LIFE changes daily and just when you think its the same, look again. 
You may be SURPRISED!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment