Thursday, April 24, 2014

Happiness Is A Choice...

It seems that each day I find a new way to be happy. It may be something as small as being able to clean my one bedroom apartment, or walking my dog further than I did the day before. There are even days that simply making an old lamp work makes me happy. I find happiness in these things because they give me a sense of accomplishment. Accomplishments make me feel good about myself. It's as simple as that sometimes.

There are things that come up in our lives that require us to be unhappy. Mourning the loss of a loved one, changes in our lives that do not seem fair, money, news we didn't want to hear......there will always be these factors. It is very natural to first feel our reactions, what isn't natural is continuing to sit in the pain or sadness from them. Don't get me wrong, just because I said it was simple, doesn't mean I said it would be easy. I find that sometimes I can be pretty happy about most things during my day but there is something that just bothers me and keeps me from feeling like it's a "good day". Once I become honest with myself and address it, then find the positive in it....I can move forward. That's when I feel the glow in my smile again and reveal the sparkle in my eyes. It takes what it takes and it's up to me to do it!

How do you feel today? Is there something small and easy you can do to make it better? When you can't find the answer try this.....Do something for someone else. It's an old magic trick that has been around for years, but it works! I SWEAR!!! It doesn't have to be for anyone you know, it may be as simple as putting something back where you found it at the store instead of dumping it in the checkout line because you changed your mind. It allows the store person to focus on helping a customer rather than clean up what we left behind. Take someone's shopping cart back for them. Do SOMETHING......GET OUT OF YOURSELF...that's the KEY. That's when the answers to my trials or sadness come. That's when we can look back and see that everything is as it should be.

No comments:

Post a Comment