Friday, April 3, 2015

Positively "B"

BEAUTIFUL distraction. I realize most do not know me or my style of posting (yet), but it gets real and raw.  In the midst of our worst pain, or fear, we find BEAUTY...it's not always easy to find, but it's there. It doesn't matter if I am under going a surgical procedure, simple CT, or just going to a standard appointment, it shows up. FEAR...fear of the unknown or those first time jitters. It seems just enough to stop me in my tracks. That's when I begin to see what I wasn't looking for. The "beauty"!
It may just be the smile I get back after looking at someone in the eye and smiling 1st...or the "fun" nurse you come across after some of the most difficult appointment. It's calming and comforts you. I have truly learned the meaning of, "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder".

4 comments:

  1. Love ya Shari! I am soooooo happy you decided to do this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pleased to meet you through the A to Z Challenge, Shari. Your positive posts are an inspiration.

    Anne at http://www.authorsupport.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. I admire your courage and positive attitude! I am a nurse too and pray that I can be calming and comforting to my patients (most of whom are undergoing cataract or other eye surgery).

    Shelly from A to Z Blogging at www.nebraskafamilytimes.blogspot.com and www.achristianmomsguide.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete