Sunday, April 12, 2015

POSITIVELY G



Today, my "G" is for GRATITUDE!

I think at times our lives get us entirely too busy and forget to appreciate what we DO have and not focus on what we DON'T have. I usually realize I do this when I start to feel sorry for myself, or focus on the things I don't  have which in turn, makes me sad. If I don't catch it in time, it seems to spread so quickly and before I know it, I am thinking negative.

One thing I have learned from my "temporary life change", is that this is one thing I CANNOT lose control over. If I don't catch it in time, it will spread quicker than a wild fire. That is when I feel out of balance, sad, or negative. Positive thinking takes time and training, it does not become second nature over night. I'm pretty sure it is harder to learn to learn than when I rode my 1st skate board.

Positive thinking takes time and daily effort. The foundation to this daily for me is GRATITUDE!
If I don't start my day with some gratitude, accentuating the positive, and the do have's, I never get to the can do's and the "look what I DID do's". From the time I get up, to the time I lay down at night, it takes conscious effort. It doesn't cost money, it's not a waste of time, and the payback is enormously more than you could imagine.

People listen, even when you don't think they are. Everything seems to fall into place at the right time, and the real struggle I find is an inside job. When I let go, and stop trying to control life and the outcome, is when the miracle happens. When I take the time to stop, look back, and reflect. I see where my I wasted energy and where I missed the opportunity to channel it in a better direction.

I don't think it's right or wrong. I don't think I am BETTER than anyone else, but one thing is for certain...I AM LOVED.

Stay POSITIVE and GRATEFUL today and whatever your worried about will present the right path to it's solution. Sometimes we just have to be still and...

 JUST BE HAPPY!

5 comments:

  1. yes if we focus on things we are grateful for we can't go wrong.
    Happy A to Zing
    I'm at Moondustwriter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. I will definitely check into your work! Have a great day!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete