Wednesday, June 1, 2022

From Grief to Gratitude

 

From Grief to Gratitude 


Some saw my blog yesterday on grief.....I shared a raw part of what is in the make up of Ancypantz Positivity.  I layed around in my woes just as anyone is entitled to, then I had to realize WHAT NOW???? What happens now? I knew I couldn't stay that way. I was determined to be happy again and it was all up to me.  

So what came next? For me, it was Gratitude.  I had to get out of myself and into being something positive for someone else. I realized it was selfish to hold my experience, strength, and hope from others who may be going through the same things. 

I started small as I was still angry. At this point in my life I was 42 years old and went from going to work one day like normal to spending 2 weeks in the hospital which all in all landed me on a couch hooked to an oxygen leash. It wasn't FAIR! I was mad. AFTER continuous months of feeling sorry for myself and helpless, I decided I couldn't live like that. That's when I looked into reconnecting with who I really was. A fun loving ray of sunshine! 

Gratitude is easy. I started small as I said, something as simple as when I awoke each morning, I listed 3 things I was grateful for. I did this every day....even if I didn't make it off the couch or do anything positive, I DID THAT!  It takes dicipline at first but then becomes a habit I looked forward to. 

What started happening was this....I DID GET OFF THE COUCH! Heck, I even showered!!! I started recieving help from avenues I could't explain. My outlook on my health improved enough that I had the inner power and drive to advocate for myself and I won. I remember a doctor in Phoenix asking me what would he want him to do for me if I could have one thing. I looked him straight in the eye and told him I wanted MY LIFE BACK! I have no other supporting evidence other than my experiece which I choose to share in my blogs. Straight up EXPERIENCE is all I have to offer.  

If you or anyone you know struggles like this, it takes just a minute to offer a suggestion and see if the miracle of change will happen too. It can't hurt to try right?

 

1 comment:

  1. I've heard that doctor question: what do you want me to do for you? If you lose weight it would be better. All about the weight, huh? Oh, I never thought that!

    ReplyDelete