Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Words and Music............

Sometimes when I'm driving to work, I'll get a chance to hear one of those songs that you can't help but sing at the top of your lungs without any concern of someone seeing you.  I've done it....the "car seat boogie" right along with the chorus!!!  I'm also guilty of staring at someone else while they do it, which for another purpose besides the entertainment, I find comfort in knowing I'm not the only one out there in her "own little world". 
So, back to my point.  I was flipping through the radio stations on the presets and came across REVOLUTION by The Beatles. 

I not only love them, but that is one of my favorite songs.  It set the mood perfect to start off the work day.  It took me back to when I was back in school and how I could play a good song and it would take me out of a funk or simply elate my feelings even higher.  I remember the ones that simply associated a song with a moment in my life, the ones that would remind me of a certain person, and the ones that I just LOVED to hear.  When lunch time rolled around, I was headed out and stopped at a light and happened to notice the guy next to me enjoying his music as well.  I'm pretty sure he was using his steering wheel as a keyboard and tapping away at the gearshift like a drum. Yet again, proves people have been doing this for years.

  It's a good feeling to hear an old song and remember that moment in your life. It's amazing to have something trigger that feeling that allows you to EXPRESS yourself and get out of the day to day structure, even if it's only or 3 to 4 minutes.  
TO HAVE AN ASSOCIATION LIKE THAT WITH HISTORY AND THE FUTURE.....POSITIVELY FANTASTIC!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Wanna know a secret? I play "Thunderstruck" by AC/DC every time I get on the treadmill. It just gets me going!!

    ReplyDelete