Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Appreciation to the finer things.....



I grew up learning to appreciate the little or finer things in life.  The little rarities you didn't see or hear about all the time.  The stories read to me on the front porch from a collection of Disney tales of a Rabbit and the Tar Baby.  Getting drug out of bed before daylight to spend the day fishing with my parents, getting a Wizard Of Oz coloring book and being so excited about it, that I colored every page and dreamed of how I had made my own book.  It takes creativity being an only child (and a Gemini) to keep yourself entertained.  I remember getting a large fold out map and taping it to the wall in order for me to play weather girl.  My parents were such troopers to listen to about 50 different weather reports given by a 5 year old.   
All of this came to mind today as I had made it through the first segment of my day of chaos and confusion.  I decided to fall out of the normal lunchtime routine.  I really like taking pictures and have only learned how to take the picture and post it on facebook, but I do find it therapeutic, relaxing.  As I stood by the river looking for my first shot, I thought about my childhood days of walking along the river, picking up rocks with my Mom and hoping that I may find some rare gem and take it for my own treasure.  I can look back and appreciate those times today, more than the moment they actually occurred and I love the warm fuzzy feeling it brings.  It was just the right prescription for mid day.  It helped me regain a new perspective on the thing that can make a sane person crazy and the rest of my day was POSITIVELY AMAZING!

1 comment: