Saturday, April 18, 2015

POSITIVELY P

 
Today's P is for PERSPECTIVE!
 
 Some people look at this and see a banana and two roma tomatoes.  Some look at it and see a smile.  I felt strongly today about what the letter P stood for in my mind.
 
 My recent adventure took me to a local park and determined to get my exercise in to assist to my weight loss. I lost a little gadget that tracks how much activity I have earned for the day. I say earned because it is a Weight Watcher term but it gave me incentive. Anyway, I never realized it was gone until after I got home, I was a little sore about it, I can't lie, but it bugged me ALL night.
 
 First thing this morning I got back out there and retraced my steps with a "finder's" device that says..."let's find this thing". So, I gathered up the little dog and said to myself...OKAY!!! I retraced the entire path with high hopes and a definite mind set that I was going to find it. After several breaks, watching Cosmo frolic, and a few words with some nice people out getting their exercise, I went back to the car and had to admit the obvious. IT was gone.
 
I sat in my car and turned on the radio. The first song I heard was UPTOWN FUNK, (oh the irony, right Susan)? This song always lifts my spirits.
 
Anyone else have a song that does this?
 
I sat there and looked around, I noticed how nice it was outside, I looked at Cosmo's happy little face, and changed my perspective. I realized that losing the link brought on something good. I met a few new people, I got out and enjoyed some amazing weather, and I got in another day's worth of exercise!!! WIN!!! WIN!!!
 
Sometimes we have to change our perspective to save ourselves. Perspective is 100 % an inside job. Try it out! If your feeling angry, tired, or blue...check your perspective and flip it. You'll be surprised at the affect it has!
 
Have a Positive Day!

1 comment: