Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Lessons Learned The Hard Way...



One of the greatest lessons I have learned in life is to pick my battles. Let's face it. Not everything everywhere being said or done is going to be satisfying to us. If we let it get under our skin, it doesn't upset the situation or others....it upsets us. Is it worth it? I recently attended a Women's Expo and talked to a medical expert about the effects of our nervous system on our health. It is a bigger connection than you think. When you think about it....it makes sense. If we are stressed and anxious in our day, how do we feel physically? Achy? Tired? Sick? It comes from within.

Being the "human" that I am....I challenge what I know on a daily basis. I seem to want to take something that is unsatisfying and wrestle with it until I am wore out. That is when I have to stop myself and ask "HOW IMPORTANT IS THIS GETTING UPSET OVER"? I can be upset by a doctor's decision and thoughts....but it doesn't do anything but upset me! It certainly does not change the diagnosis. I can worry be upset about the price increase in limes and lemons but as long as I buy them...does it really matter? My point is....by getting upset and complaining I am simply stealing my own joy. I don't have enough life left to do that. I choose to be happy and that requires me to use my energy wisely.

Take a moment today to look at what matters in your life. If you are getting upset over things that are out of reach or something you don't intend to do anything about....STOP! 

 Focus on what you can do and not what you can't. Make sure you tank is full before trying to drive over someone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment